The best thing about half-up half-down hairstyles is that they give you the best of both worlds. The style is practical, absolutely lovely, and suitable for daily errands and your nighttime events too. These 30 best styles for all hair types will, hands down, help with finding inspiration for your perfect half updo!
1. Half Up Half Down Style with Bangs. If you don’t want to fuss much with styling medium-to-long hair, blow dry your bangs with a round brush for extra volume and clip back a couple of thick strands with an accent, like a big bow.
2. Boho Bridal Half Up Hairstyle. Messy hairstyles have been trending for quite a long time, so why not give this easy half up a go? Textured beachy curls in a loose braid add a boho touch to the overall look.
3. Elegant Half-Up Half-Down Updo. Feel like a true Disney princess with a puffy crown complemented with chunky elegant waves flowing down the back.
4. Half-Up Half-Down Ponytail. A neat trick to add extra volume to tired hair. By styling your pony at the very top, you’ll have the hairdo looking much puffier in seconds.
5. Half-Up Half-Down Bun. Imagine you are a traveling gypsy and add a loose messy bun to your hairstyle. Complete it by plaiting a couple of cheeky braids and add a few different accessories.
Mark Henry is a wedding expert and author of several popular books on wedding planning, including “The Ultimate Wedding Checklist” and “Wedding Day Tips and Tricks.” With over a decade of experience in the wedding industry, Mark Henry has helped countless couples plan their dream weddings with ease and joy. Her writing style is warm and engaging, and her advice is always practical and actionable.